A two-handled silver Cup and Cover by Grish Chunder Dutt & Sons.
A well made silver two-handled Cup and Cover, by Grish Chunder Dutt & Sons of Bhowanipore, Calcutta. The body in early 18th century style. The interior silver-gilt. The front panel engraved with a coat-of-arms for the family of Southby.
Richard Southby [1838-1921] and his brother in law, the Hon. Edward Hewitt, were directors of the Lankapara Tea Company Ltd.
Height – 17.00 cm.; Width – 17.30 cm.; Depth – 11 cm.; Weight – 589.70 gms.