A silver Ticket for the British School.
A silver badge for the ‘British School’ engraved on the reverse with ‘The Earl of Egremont No. 34.’
The British School was established in 1802 by the artist John Thomas Serres (1759-1825) at his house in Berners Street, London. Its purpose was ‘for the perpetual exhibition and sale of the original works of modern artists, under the patronage of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales’. The School lasted for only two or three years.
Width – 5.40 cm.; Depth 4.40 cm.; Weight – 27.30 gms.